Federal and state securities laws related to private equity financing, fund formation and investment adviser regulations are extremely complex and constantly changing.
In this challenging environment, McGrath North offers significant experience representing early stage and established businesses on a full range of private equity and venture capital transactions. We also represent fund sponsors and investors in organizing funds, raising capital and making investments, and banks in lending to funds of this nature.
We also recognize the critical advantage of understanding the industries within which investments of this nature are being made. Because our firm has deep experience in many core industry segments, our team comes to the table ready to advise on the best steps to finalize a successful structure. In addition, our practical-solutions approach to regulatory issues, together with our in-depth knowledge of corporate finance transactions, allows us to tailor an integrated package of private equity and venture capital services to meet the unique legal and business needs of each of our clients.
Representative private equity, hedge fund and venture capital matter our attorneys have handled include:
- Representation of a private equity group in the acquisition of an aggregates manufacturing and distribution business for approximately $40 million. McGrath North has represented the operating company since the acquisition, and is currently advising on a possible exit transaction.
- Representation of a $150 million hedge fund in multiple private placements of LP units, multiple private investments and investment adviser registrations with the SEC and related securities compliance matters.
- Representation of a private equity fund in the $60 million acquisition of a majority equity interest in a branded foods business from the founder.
- Representation of a private equity group in the divestiture of a home products electronics business for approximately $90 million.
- Representation of a newly formed hedge fund in connection with a $10 million private placement transaction.
- Representation of a venture capital group in a $50 million Series B equity raise to fund strategic acquisitions.
- Representation of a private equity group in the divestiture of a branded clothing business through an auction process for approximately $10 million.
- Representation of a private equity group in the $10 million acquisition of a healthcare clinic operation.